Tillykke!


... which means Congratulations! in Danish. 

Today a colleague of mine asked me to make a birthday card for one of her friends. I really loved that someone asked me that and therefore here it is. I just couldn't wait to get home so i could make it. 

In the last couple of weeks i have been looking at this Iris Folding technique which is basically stacking folded (in two) thin pieces of papers in a certain order to create a spiralling effect. On Pinterest i found this wonderful pattern which went great with the person my colleague wants to give this card to. 

I was a bit afraid at first on how was i about to cut the pattern out of my white cardstock but my craft knife did the work just great. After that i printed out a couple of papers i found on PaperCraft Inspiration blog and cut thin strips of each. I proceeded to layering them as the instructions said and voila!!! ... 

Given that i still don't have any stamps ... the "copy from my laptop's screen" technique for the writing went just great. As finishing touches i added Sparkling Stickles to all the dots in my sentiment and a sticky sparkly gem in the middle of my Iris's heart. I have also drawn faux stitches around my heart because i felt that my patterns were just losing themselves in the white of the card base. 

Finally, i cut the extra pieces of strips sticking out from behind my card front and added foam dimensionals to where i didn't had any layers of paper and sticky red tape underneath the pattern. Adhered to my card and it was finally done. 

I am so happy the way it turned out that i am thinking to make another card for my mom as well, given that her birthday is rapidly approaching and i feel that what i did for her 1 month ago just isn't her. 

I would also like to enter my card in the following challenge:

Thank you for the visit,
Have a wonderful evening,
Teo

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply