Get well soon

Hello there,

Today I am sharing with you a number of cards that I made while I was trying to come up with the perfect "Get well" themed card for a colleague that is going through some tough moments.
It took me three tries to get to this card as you will see my trial and error journey below.
While I was browsing for ideas I noticed I didn't have any stamps with the "Get well soon" sentiment or anything similar. Of course, I had some alphabet stamps but I felt they were too blocky and wouldn't work for such a theme. Therefore I went online and bought the "Bouquet" stamp set from Hero Arts which I later on used to create a set of 6 cards using three sentiments from it.
I really enjoyed stamp layering the bouquet from this stamp set and I might create different cards in the future, maybe even using just the stamp with the big flowers to create a fun background or embossing the leaves to distress the corners. It is a really great stamp set with beautiful handwritten sentiments.  

Given that it was destined for a male colleague, I wasn't quite sure that the card above would be the best option to give to him. Therefore I kept trying and, in the same time, I was looking on Pinterest for ideas. And I found the following two ideas (here and here) which I mixed together and came up with the next card.
For this card, i embossed a tree that comes from the gift I got from the March edition of Papercraft magazine. It was the only tree I had in my stash in terms of stamps and I actually think it looks very elegant and can be the centerpiece of a card. Nevertheless, the red cardstock I went with wasn't quite what I was looking for when I took a second look at the finished card, therefore i tried again. 

You know what they say in fairy-tales ... three is a magic number and it was the lucky one too. For this last card, I wanted to use this green teal card base I got from Panduro one time when they were on sale and the scripty background stamp I got from HobbyBoden some time back.
 
First, I created the middle panel with the same idea from the previous card and then embossed with clear gloss embossing powder from WOW the front side of the card. Nevertheless, this wasn't enough to make the silver embossed panel to stand out, so I have decided to add some messy silver embossing on the sides. And I have to say that I simply love the way it turned out. The silver embossing looks as if the card is silver foiled on the margins and the previous clear embossing stands out beautifully through the silver. 

Additionally, I have also stamped the envelope with the same tree I used on the card both on the flap and on the inside, giving it a nice effect when you open it. 

I hope you enjoyed my journey towards the perfect card and hope I gave you some inspiration towards this sensitive theme of "Get well" when it comes to someone you are not normally very close to, that you could give them funny get well cards with cute critters or anything similar. 

Have a great week ahead,
Teo

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply