My secret hobby

I am creating this blog in order to share my creations to the world. My secret hobby is card making, all shapes and colors, sparkly and elegant, for all occasions. It is not an entirely new hobby, given that i have started doing similar things in Photoshop, but i have recently gained confidence to pick it up. I have always loved to cut things up, and have created my share of themed notebooks with cuttings from magazines when i was in general school (Harry Potter, Star Wars, 3 Sud-Est and many others) but around high-school i started to discover photography and Photoshop. 
Photography gave me the freedom to immortalize things i loved and gave me a new perspective on the world, and Photoshop, apart from helping me to retouch my photos, showed me that i could create everything i could imagine from almost nothing. Also, while learning Photoshop from the multiple tutorials i found online, i got to know digital scrapbooking, little sister of scrapbooking. I loved this world, cause it had beautiful memories and wonderful colours. I picked it up and soon i was creating my first layouts for my own memories. It later evolved into my own secret gift making machine for my friends whenever they were having birthdays. I loved the feeling of giving them presents that were unique which made them understand how much i appreciate them. 
By the time i got to university i even got to take request from colleagues to do layouts for them to give to their friends and so on. Nevertheless it never became a business. I was doing this from sheer pleasure. But somehow, i lost it. For many years after i even forgot how to use Photoshop. It was so strange to know that some time ago i knew all the keyboard shortcuts and now i was relearning it by trial and error. I finally got it back by the time i was in Denmark doing my master degree, because it was useful to do graphics and images for projects. 2014-12-15 01.36.49

But only last year i started again to do creative projects again, layouts, in order to give them as presents for my boyfriend. Show him how much i love him. But i never felt that he enjoyed them as much as i had expected. So i stopped doing them and began watching card making videos on YouTube. Damn i love to see all those ladies online doing their cards, with so many colours, so many ideas, so many tools. But i was always afraid to start, because i knew i would never have that UNDO button. 
Nevertheless, one month before Christmas i got inspired and started doing them. It went slow and i felt i lacked imagination but by my last card before Christmas i was already "in business". After Christmas and upon my returning in Denmark, i started buying from time to time materials every time i imagined what their use could be. And so i have created myself a good base to start creating. I never thought and i could do something as nice as i saw in the YouTube videos but it felt so good when i felt my latest creations could easily match the ones i saw. So i decided to open this blog in order to post whenever i create a new card. Maybe i need the audience, maybe i want to brag, i don't know for sure. But what i know is that i want to share them with the world. Stay tuned, i have many things prepared.

And sorry for the long post :D. Don't worry, next ones will be shorter, i promise.



This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply